Friday, August 26, 2005

Movietalk




One thing that's fabulous about school is that it knocks your kids out by 8.30 pm.
Which means a bit of time in the 24 hour period for just...moi!
Last night I watched two films.
The first was "Head in the Clouds".
Frankly,I'm too lazy to get into what its all about. I thought Stuart Townshed and Charlize Theron had alot of chemistry (they're a couple in reality) and were rather sexy onscreen together which is basically the only reason to watch it.
Starts out well but kinda messes up towards the end.

Sideways on the other hand, was fantastic. I have been wanting to see it all year but hadnt gotten around to it.
Miles Raymond (Giamatti), a divorced middle school teacher and failed novelist, and his altar-bound friend Jack (Church) take a wine-tasting trip in California, pondering questions about their directions in life.
I loved the Miles Raymond character, possibly because I related to the manic depressiveness and failed novelist parts. Heh heh.
The only bad part of the experience was not having any delicious wine to drink , so definetly have some wine on hand if you watch this, or you'll spend the entire movie craving for some.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

Sudeways was great. It's long though, so don't drink tooo much wine or you may fall asleep. Maybe that's me. Wine makes me sleepy.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home