Saturday, July 23, 2005

Sick Slacker

I've been such a slacker when it comes to posting on here.
But I have good reason...I've been sick! But who wants to hear about my sick days? Nobody? That's what I thought.
We shipped all our furniture from Greece and it arrived on Friday. So once I got over"pretending I was dead" I got out of bed and started ripping boxes apart and helping to put furniture together.
I quite fancied myself as being a domestic genius ... I think that no more.
I have some ideas...some good but mostly crap ideas on how to furnish and decorate this enormous house.
I'm at a stage where I mostly just stare at the bare surroundings in a stupified"Holy shit, what did I get myself into " kinda way. Oh to be able to afford an interior decorator.

Random thot #1:
I read today that Gus Van Sant made a movie about Kurt Cobain's life called "Last Days". This I've gotta see.

Random thot #2:
I must be the only person in the world that can't find a single coffee I like in Starbucks!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mocha frappuccino with an extra shot of espresso. Hold the whipped cream. mmm...it's the best.

8:47 AM  
Blogger athenianstyle said...

Charlock, there definetly seems to be something wrong with it. I reckon they put a wierd concoction in all thier drinks that is meant to addict you, but once in a while, ppl with really good taste buds come along and it doesnt work on them. Ha ha. Its a conspiracy

Audrey, thanks for the reccommendation, I havnt seen one of those around yet but I will definetly ask now, and hopefully find a good coffeeshop. I'm glad to have found fellow Starbucks haters :)

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention they were the ones who asked a breastfeeding mom to feed her baby on the toilet! :P

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fun to remind people they aren't actually drinking coffee when they go there, just an extra expensive milkshake with some over-burnt beans. Which is precisely the problem with Starbucks. They overburn the beens and choose relatively disgusting flavored ones cause they work well in the milkshakes with all the sugar.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

If you find Starbucks to be too strong, I suggest Peets Coffe and Tea. There choices seem to be a lot milder. I can do with either. Sometimes I'm just craving that burnt coffee taste.

If you like pumpkin, try their pumpkin spice latte w/ soy. Soo soo yummy!

And Loxy, I make a point to breastfeed my child in coffee houses accross Northern CA! And I've never even gotten a dirty look.

I <3 Cali more and more everyday!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home