Saturday, August 13, 2005

Evolving

Adolescence:

I noticed a bunch of young teenage girls at a store I was in the other day. They were loud ("Oh my gawd, look at this shirt, its like, awesome"), they were giggling like hyenas (everytime a guy passed by) and ofcourse they all looked identical.
In short, they had all the qualities that make teen girls so uh ....endearing.
Surely I couldnt have been so annoying in my teenage years?
* I only wore black till 16 to show my loyalty to grundge and rock. But at the time so did everybody else.
* I was naturally always right! No ifs and buts about it.
* I'd stare at boys and then quickly look away if they looked back.
* I was an emotional wreck. My world as I knew it fell apart at least once a week.
Thank (insert entity you believe in here) we learn to chill out.

Friendship:
Some old friends came to visit. Hadnt seen them in about 4 years.
It slowly became apparent that the only thing we still had in common was our old friendship.
Our interests, our tastes in the arts, our definition of having a good time, our beliefs, they had all changed. We automatically switch from friends to acquaintances.
It seems only a handful of people become best friends that "get" you for life.
Life wouldnt be the same without them.

Children:
I have two lovable lunatic sons. They are now 8 and 6. I used to look forward to them growing older. Thats not quite the case anymore. They are growing too fast, too soon, dammit!!


Future:
They say life gets a whole lot more fun for women once you are over 30.
I always thot that was bullshit, but now Im not so sure.
My sons will be 17 and 15 when I turn 35. Hmmm, I dont feel so bad about the boys getting older so fast anymore.
I'll be starting a completely different phase of my life, a more independant one.
Terrifying yet exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home